My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Monday 13 May 2013

A case of natural selection

My pair of albino bengalese finches have this year shared the aviary with the young normal male I bred last year. Despite knowing it is common with these finches, I was still surprised that all 3 shared the incubation and now rearing of the chicks. It looks like all the chicks are normal. Perhaps this is case of natural selection of the dominant normal colour over the mutation.

The turq chicks are growing fast...
Pair 2 chicks

No comments:

Post a Comment