My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Tuesday 16 March 2010

New Blog - New Birds

This is my new blog for my grass parakeet website “Neophema Splendida”, currently at http://www.grassparakeets.talktalk.net/. It provides information and pictures of the birds I keep and a log of their breeding activities. My dog Buster may also make an appearance.

For 2010 I’ve moved away from just keeping Splendid Grass parakeets and now have Turquoisine and Bourkes grass parakeets and some Hecks Grassfinch.
My current pairs for 2010 are:-
2 pair of Splendids;
Normal / lutino cock x Lutino Hen (Barney and Marge)
Seagreen Cock x White Breasted Blue Hen (Mr Burns and Lisa)
1 pair of Bourkes; Rosa cock x Rubino Hen (Rocky and Rosy)
1 pair of Turquisines; Red Fronted Normal Cock x Red Fronted Opaline Yellow Hen (Rudolph and Goldie)
3 Hecks (hopefully two are a pair).
Apart from Barney, Marge and Mr Burns all the other birds are new for 2010. So I don’t know what to expect this year. Also, only Barney and Mr Burns are proven breeders.


Barney & Marge


Lisa & Mr Burns


Rudolph & Goldie


Rosy & Rocky


The Heck's

No comments:

Post a Comment