My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Tuesday 29 March 2011

British birds

I put my camera to the test at the weekend, taking pictures of wild birds. A bit harder to capture on camera than my parakeets, although a good selection of treats hanging from the trees makes it a bit easier.

Blue Tits
perfectly balanced!

Great acrobats
Green on the back. The delicate feathers almost look like fur.

Great Tit
A female I think.  The male has a much bolder belly stripe.

Coal Tit
The very small Coal tit.

Reed Bunting
A male reed bunting. I was surprised to see one of these next to the car park.


Bullfinch
One of my favourites, a male bullfinch.  Struggled to get an in-focus picture through the twigs.
and the female

Chaffinch
A male chaffinch
and the female

Robin
a delicately coloured robin

Blackbird
A bold male
and the female 

2 comments:

  1. Nice shots. Be careful it can become addictive if you keep trying to improve.

    ReplyDelete