My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Tuesday 15 November 2011

It's always the hens

Well my new opaline turk hen didn't last long.  She died about a month after getting her. I think it was some sort of stomach problem as there was whole seed in the droppings. It's always the hens and always the ones you pay that bit extra for!!!
I've decided no more new birds now, at least till spring when I'll try and swap one of my spare cocks for a hen!

1 comment:

  1. aww, i'm sorry. it's definitely always the bird you need the most, wanted the most, paid for the most, and most want babies out of. I usually associate whole seed in the poop with infections like protozoan, may be coccidio, and possibly megabacteria.

    ReplyDelete