My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Thursday 10 May 2012

Bengalese dead

I discovered the male bengalese dead in the nest basket today, with a lot of eggs.  I think the eggs are from different hens, so I'm wondering if he has exhausted himself.  I've obviously got it very wrong leaving four bengalese together with all of them trying to nest and roost in the same basket.

3 comments:

  1. society finches will try to all squeeze into one next no matter how many extra you have. usually more than 1 male to 1 hen is good since all the males will help feed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm now left with 3 hens

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's quite an unusual dilemma. usually there're a lot more society males than hens, lol

    ReplyDelete