My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Sunday 3 March 2013

Getting ready for breeding season

The parakeets are getting lively with the increasing extra day light .  I've had to separate them into pairs, ready for the breeding season, before the males hurt each other.

Old yellow opaline cock

New yellow opaline cock

New cock centre, new hen left, old hen right. Pair of albino bengalese. 

 Cinnamon cock from late last year.

Young red back yellow opaline hen from last year (been in the wars)

I can make up 4 pairs:
2 pairs of yellow opalines (old and new pair)
red fronted normal cock and cinnamon hen (old pair)
red fronted cinnamon cock and yellow opaline hen (new pair...cock is probably too young for this year)

Albino bengalese hen (two pairs of bengalese and spare cock)

No comments:

Post a Comment