My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Friday 31 May 2013

First fledglings of 2013

My first fledglings this year.

Pair 1 turqs
Green, possibly dark green and cinnamon, both red fronted and both hens. They are very flighty as can be seen by their sore noses.


Bengalese
5 in total. Mainly chocolates with a bit of pied. The white one is showing signs of darker colouring.



On top of turk pair 2's nest box.

Pair 2 turks chicks are almost ready to leave, although one is a bit later than the others..I'll have to watch this one as the mother is ready to go down again.

Pair 4 turks now have chicks, at least 4, possibly 5. They have had the biggest brood of all my turk pairs and unfortunately are in the small breeding cage.....I hate cages!
I'm hoping the cock is split for yellow and opaline (which is possible from his pair 1 parents) so I get some yellow opalines and cinnamon yellow opalines to bring out a good covering red from the deep red fronts of the parents, else all I'll get is red fronted cinnamons and normals. The pink eye lids already show at least one is a cinnamon of some sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment