My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Monday 16 May 2011

Nest box camera

As you will have seen on 'nest box live' I'm trying out a new nest box this year.  It's horizontal rather than vertical with a wireless camera mounted to the side.


It doesn't have 'windows' like my other box with camera (below) and therefore relies only on infra red., but the angle gives a good picture without excessive brightness from the infra red light.

Vertical box with 'windows'

The turqs are nesting in the horizontal box and the bourkes in the vertical box.


No comments:

Post a Comment