My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Sunday 8 May 2011

Pink

Pinky and Perky's chicks will soon be leaving the nest box (at least two of them). The big Rosa has a really good colour (left), he looks more pink than the rubino hen (right).  The nest box will need a good clean-out as bourkes are not the best housekeepers.

Update on my othe birds:
Rocky and Rosie's single chick has died.  It was well fed so I don't know why, but I think it may have been due to the long incubation.  I've now moved Rocky and Rosie into the brown aviary. 
My new turquosine hen paired with Rudolph and has started sitting on at least 4 eggs.
Scar is with Goldie.  He feeds her and he goes to the nest box, but she is showing no interest in breeding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment