My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Monday 28 June 2010

Turqs have fledged

Both turq chicks left the nest box yesterday evening. They are very flighty, so I haven't got a good look at them yet.  The green one is a cock as he is already showing red on the wings.  I'm assuming the yellow is a hen as it has no red on the wing.  Both have red bellies.  I sort of expected the cock to have a full red front (chest and belly), but maybe the red chest only comes at first moult?


1 comment:

  1. congrats! they are beautiful. i have heard that the chest gets redder as they age in the full red fronts.

    ReplyDelete