My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Saturday 23 July 2011

Update

All the Bourkes have now fledged.  I was tempted to let them have a third clutch but decided against it.  The nest box has now been removed.
The turqs three chicks are doing well and are very noisy.
I removed the two "adopted" turq eggs, which were fertile and put them under the other bourkes, although I think its to late for them to hatch now.

2 comments:

  1. a couple of these have reddish eyes? or is that just the flash?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably another cinnamon. The flash picks out the dark red plum colour, can't tell in normal daylight. Dad is split cinnamon yellow opaline and mum is a cinnamon yellow.

    ReplyDelete