My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Turq chicks fledged

The turquoisine chicks fledged when I was on holiday.

Two more red fronted cinnamon cocks....


and a red fronted opaline hen....

and finally I've managed to get a picture of mum out of the nest box.  She looks a bit tired.

Some bad news....the rubino and one of the rosas from the bourkes second round have not developed proper flight and tail feathers. The little rosa can not fly at all and just runs around like a little quail.  Otherwise, they are strong and healthy looking.  Hopefully a local pet shop will find them homes as pets.

3 comments:

  1. sooo pretty! wish we have cinnamon turqs in the US too. are any of these babies from Goldie's eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame...because I'm struggling to sell my birds!

    No, the adopted eggs failed to hatch. I made the mistake of moving them to the bourkes and like her own eggs they were all DIS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't imaging having trouble selling such beautiful birds. is it just the economy being bad or are people not as interested in turqs?

    ReplyDelete