My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Saturday 2 October 2010

Some photos of the young turqs

A few pictures of the young turqs.  Notice their sore noses from hitting the mesh, these birds are so flighty compared to splendids and bourkes.
4 chicks have now left the nest.  Only the smaller yellow opaline remains. 


Normal Red Fronted Opaline...sex unknown

Normal Red Fronted ...I would have said a cock, but has under wing bars, must be a hen.  A big strong bird.

Red Fronted Cinnamon...has to be hen as dad is split and mum doesn't show cinnamon.


Red fronted Yellow Opaline...Sex unknown.  I would guess a hen.  Has a lot more red than her mum.

Which one should I keep?









1 comment:

  1. they are all gorgeous...besides the bruised nostrils, LOL. if you are only keeping one, I'd vote for the yellow opaline red front for sure!

    ReplyDelete