My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Friday 12 November 2010

Storm fatality

Found the young RF normal turk I was going to keep dead today. I can only think it was something to do with the very stormy weather we have had for the past few nights. He was showing no signs of illness yesterday and was his usual lively self.  Perhaps he was just two flighty and got scared in the night.
I now need to re-think what birds to keep for next year.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about this loss. We had a healthy, productive Rosy Bourke hen who one morning seemed to hold her head oddly. Took her out and put her in a warm hospital cage, but by the next day she had died. I can only imagine she might have flown into the side of her cage during a night fright too. I leave a night light on near their cages to prevent that very thing. Yet, who knows what might frighten them. It happened on a normal night...no storms or anything unusual. Good luck with your new choice to keep.

    ReplyDelete