My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Sunday 8 July 2012

Adoption update

Things didn't go quite to plan.  After putting the little turk in with the bourkes I was surprised to find her own eggs hatching the other day (I must get new batteries for my egg candler).  The worry was that she wouldn't feed her own newly hatched chicks having come attached to the much bigger turquoisine.  So I've now moved the new bourkes chick and eggs to my other pair of bourkes, whose own eggs look like they have failed.  A second egg has now hatched and both chicks are being fed.

The adopted turk chick (I'm not sure it's developing properly)

The other 7 chicks are OK (although there is still a big difference in size)

bengalese eggs should be hatching soon

My other pair of turks chicks all fledged OK

Two cinnamon hens, a normal hen and oplaine

The normal has perfect feathers

No comments:

Post a Comment