My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Sunday 1 July 2012

Decided to intervene

I removed one of the 8 turk chicks today.  I decided that the littlest pictured lower left didn't stand a chance with its older siblings and when I looked closer its crop was totally empty.
I decided to take a chance and put it in the bourkes nest box, having had doubts about their eggs which are nearly due but still only show partially developed embryos. I've just had another look and deilighted to see that it has been fed and now has a full crop.  Hopefully the other little ones will be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment