My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Sunday 15 July 2012

Fledging early

One of the opaline turks has fledged.  I think the parents are keen to breed again, so I'll have to keep an eye on the small ones left in the nest.
 First to fledge

Remaining chicks

I'm not sure that I should let the parents breed again.  You would think that they would have had enough for this year!

The adopted chick is a long way behind, although it is now looking a lot stronger.

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet! Are budgies grassparakeets too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No totaly different, budgies belong to the Melopsittacus family and grassparakeets to Neophema family.

    ReplyDelete