My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Sunday 30 June 2013

Latest fledglings

4 of pair 4's chicks have left the nest. Probably the best birds this year. I wasn't going to keep any young this year, but I may be tempted with the very red cinnamon opaline hen in the first picture.

Red opaline cinnamon hen

Red fronted opaline cock

Other red fronted opaline cock in the middle

Other red cinnamon opaline hen (slightly more orangery than the other)

A fed fronted cinnamon hen still needs to fledge

And here it is, pair 3's single chick. I'm very disappointed with the parents doing this. However, the chick is a big strong bird and will have its feathers back in a few weeks or so.

1 comment:

  1. all pretty no matter how little or how much red they have!

    ReplyDelete