My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Sunday 9 June 2013

more red back turks and update

Pair 1
Have started second clutch

Pair 2

All pair 2's chicks have now fledged. Like last year I had to throw the last one out as the mother is sitting on eggs again. Two red backs.




This little one is a way behind the other two and was on the floor for a few days after it was thrown out. At least now it can get off the ground. Still it is better here than being in the nest box, where I'm sure it would have been attacked by the mother.

Pair 3
The single chick is not feathered up yet. I'm hoping for more red than the mother. This picture was taken without the flash on and shows a hint of red coming through.  

Mother
  Pair 4
It's definitely 5 chicks, Ugly!
 
Benagalese
The five chicks

Getting fed

Two of the chicks

No comments:

Post a Comment