My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Monday 18 June 2012

Another full house

It looks like this could be my best ever season with the turquoisines.  The opaline turks have another nest full...at least 5 more chicks.

That's one of the first round chicks in the box with them.  Normally I'd have moved them on by now, but the parents don't appear to mind and I have heard that they may help with feeding duties.  I'll give them a few more days as they are only just over 8 weeks old.  I know my other turk male would not tolerate them at all once the second round eggs hatch!

Latest pictures of the first round chicks.








No comments:

Post a Comment