My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Sunday 10 June 2012

Male Bengalese song

I've swapped one of my hen bengalese for two males.  I've now got two true pairs and this time they are each in separate aviaries.
Fawn hen and pearl cock on right
Albino pair

Some argue that red eyed birds should not be paired together, however they are both strong birds so their chicks should be healthy, either way they picked each other.

Both males have been singing to prove that they are indeed males.

1 comment:

  1. nice pearl male society. i would just watch out for potential eye problems from breeding red eyed birds together.

    ReplyDelete