My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Sunday 3 June 2012

More turk chicks

My other pair of turks now have chicks and are on the nest box cam.  Not the best quality picture.

Dad is my old reliable red fronted normal / yellow cinnamon opaline and mum is my young cinnamon opaline.

A complicated gentic combination due to cross-over, but here goes.....
Cocks
8.25% cinnamon /yellow opaline
8.25% cinnamon /opaline
8.25% normal opaline /yellow cinnamon
8.25% normal opaline /cinnamon
16.75% normal /yellow opaline-cinnamon
16.75% normal /opaline-cinnamon
16.75% opaline cinnamon /yellow
16.75% opaline cinnamon

Hens
8.25% cinnamon /yellow
8.25% cinnamon
16.75% normal /yellow
16.75% normal
8.25% normal opaline /yellow
8.25% normal opaline
16.75% opaline cinnamon /yellow
16.75% opaline cinnamon

Most should be red fronted.
The young hen may be split for yellow.....let's see if we get any yellow chicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment