My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Wednesday 12 May 2010

It's all going wrong!

One of Marge's chicks has died.  I don't know if it's the un-seasonal weather (frost in May?) or lack of feeding by Barney or Marge, the crop did look empty.  Even more upsetting it appeared to be a lutino.  I was starting to worry that the remaining chick was not being fed, however I have now seen Marge feeding it.  Seven eggs...one chick (normal I think), oh well it's better than nothing.
Just to get me even more frustrated the bourkes (Rosie) may have abandoned her eggs...not sure what is going on, apart from there are now 8 EGGS.
The hecks have had to be removed from the aviary as they are terrorising the other pair of bourkes, pulling out feathers and at one stage preventing them from mating and unbelievably attempting to mate with the hen bourke whilst she was still in position!
Thankfully at least the Turks are behaving normally and Goldie remains to sit on her eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment