My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Thursday 13 May 2010

..or perhaps it's all going right!

Marge has another two chicks.  I actually saw one hatching on camera.  These eggs have hatched 9 days after they were due and 4 days after the first chick hatched.  It just shows that the incubation period can vary significantly between eggs...particularly when it is a large clutch.
The bourkes also appear to back incubating. The eggs were fully cold yesterday, so I don't know if they will still be viable.  However, after the surprise hatchings above I thinks it's best to just let nature take it's course.

No comments:

Post a Comment