My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Sunday 30 May 2010

Turquoisine chicks...maybe

I thought I could hear chicks in the turks nest box today.  When I looked in a few days ago none of the eggs had hatched and lot of the eggs looked infertile.

4 comments:

  1. no nest box cam in the turqs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I don't have a camera in the turqs nest box and now after my latest disaster I don't have any cameras on any breeding pairs.
    Well done with your successes with the splendids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I only have normal splendids, so have no idea how difficult the mutations may be. Are the blues you've had before as difficult as the lutinos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only bred blue from Normal split blue and seagreens. I don't think they are any harder to breed.

    ReplyDelete