My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Bourkes chick fledged

One of the bourkes chicks left the box yesterday.  I'll get some photos once the other two come out.
The other bourkes in the aviary have an egg.  We'll have to see if this round of eggs are fertile, I have my doubts again as Pinky the rubino male doesn't appear to be much of a stud....he keeps falling off.  Maybe he can't get a good grip due to lacking a toe.
The turks 5 eggs are due to start hatching at the weekend.
It's really starting to get a bit late in the year now for new eggs, already night time temperatures are well into single figures (centigrade).

No comments:

Post a Comment