My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Bourkes nest - unclean

Picture and video of the 3 bourkes chicks.  The bourkes are not the best house-keepers, as can be seen from the state of the nest box.

It looks like out of the failed eggs, one was fertile.


I still haven't managed to get sound working with this wireless camera.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sags, I have to comment about Bourke nest boxes not being clean. Out of a dozen pairs of Bourkes, past and present, only two of my hens were slobs. All the rest exit the nest to deficate and keep it immaculate. However, once the babies arrive they soil the nest gradually, but most of my hens never do. That's my observation. Individual birds have differing behaviors, but by and large, my Bourkes are meticulously clean. Smile.

    ReplyDelete