My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Thursday 1 April 2010

Hecks have a chick

I managed to see inside the hecks nest today (not easy, as it has very small entrance). They have a newly hatched chick and I think another 3 eggs.
Still nothing with the parakeets, although Goldie has now been showing interest in the nest box. However, Rudolph has not only been feeding her but also Rocky (different species, same sex?). I'll be glad to get the DNA sex testing results. Unfortunately there is a delay because I put the wrong first class stamp on the envelope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment