My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Saturday 10 April 2010

Marge has not started sitting. There’s still time, but usually they sit after the third egg. Unfortunately the neighbour’s kids have come out of hibernation. Continuous noise, and this year they’ve rigged up a 1000w security light that’s staying on, lighting up their whole back yard, including my aviary and nest box. I was doubtful about breeding in the brown aviary, as I had similar problems last year. I know there’s nothing I can do about it. I have kids myself, but I can’t remember them being as noisy as fog-horn-junior when mine where little!!

As for the bourkes, I have at least one hen. Rosey (needs a new name) has proved himself to be a man with his new companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment