My photo
I keep and breed a small number of Australian grass parakeets. This blog provides information and pictures of my birds and a log of their breeding activities. It is also a photo blog of landscapes and wildlife. My dog Buster may also make an appearance. For Nest Box Live - click the link above or visit my website!

Thursday 15 April 2010

Usual fustrations

I was hoping to write that Marge had starting sitting on her eggs, as last night she stayed in the nest box.  However, tonight she's not sitting again.  She now has 6 eggs!
Still nothing yet with the other grassparakeets, although one pair of Bourkes have been mating frequently.
If things don't start to improve soon this year I'm seriously considering giving up on grassparakeets altogether and go into keeping another species......the past few years have been just too frustrating and I've had too many loses!

No comments:

Post a Comment